Last Updated on
In Dynamics 365 Field Service you are able to create these types of Resources:
Resource Type: Equipment
- Facility Equipment lookup appears and becomes mandatory after this Resource Type has been chosen.
- Organizational Unit lookup becomes read only after this Resource Type has been chosen . Gets pulled from ‘Facility/Equipment’.’Organizational Unit’ or, if this is empty, than from ‘Project Parameters’.’Default Organizational Unit’.
- Enabled for Field Service Mobile two option set disappears
- in previous versions it was called Company Asset
- makes sense to be used in a Resource Crew
- for example: Truck, Excavator, Beamer, Hololens
- Start Location & End Location cannot be set to Resource Address
Resource Type: Crew
Also see here for further details on how to set up a Crew.
After I have created a copy of an existing form I faced issues that some of the scripting provided by Microsoft didn’t work anymore. As long as I don’t get further insights into this I would recommend to be careful when taking this road. Better maybe to customize the existing form instead of creating a copy of it for customizations. This, by the way, is also a way that has proved to be more stable when it comes to upgrading your org with latest MS solution versions. We faced lots of scripting errors on forms that we previously have copied. It turned out that MS replaced the JS libraries for the original forms but not for your form copies during the last larger upgrade cycle.